WHETHER YOU EAT, DRINK OR WHATEVER YOU DO, DO ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD
~ 1 CORINTHIANS 10:31
1. Olives and Olive Oil
– Then it shall come about when the Lord your God brings you into the land which He swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you, great and splendid cities which you did not build, and houses full of all good things which you did not fill, and hewn cisterns which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant, and you eat and are satisfied. (Deuteronomy 6:10-11)
It was the oil of many uses. In their prime, the Jews were the go-to merchants if you wanted to attain this gold like substance. In their time, it was sought for its healing characteristics, cooking, fuel, soaps, and even for cosmetics. In almost every culture world wide, Olive oil was considered sacred and was often used in religious rituals by kings and priests. The original Hebrew word for Messiah was relatively close to that of Olive oil, Moshiach.
This enriching substance contributes greatly to heart, brain skin, and joint health. Even cancer and diabetes prevention is at hand with this amazing oil.
– For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing forth in valleys and hills; a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey. (Deuteronomy 8:7-8)
Not only do pomegranates make for tasty snacks, but as research shows, pomegranates contain anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-obesity, and anti-tumor properties. It’s a cleanser of the blood, and cleanser of toxins within your body.
3. Fermented Grapes
– May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine. (Song of Solomon 1:2)
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), drinking a 4-oz glass of red wine will lower your risk of developing heart disease if done regularly.
The process a grape goes through in fermentation is absolutely astounding. Its natural antioxidant and flavonoid properties are amplified through resveratrol. Resveratrol has been linked to the reversal of chronic disease like diabetes and obesity.
– An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels… She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight. (Proverbs 31:10,13)
The Bible puts much emphasis on flax as one of the most important plant fibers. It is a fiber of many uses. In antiquity, it was used to make linen. Although cotton has taken its place as a more cheaper material, flax remains one of the most used plant fibers for different reasons. The flax seed provides a natural, vegan source of Omega-3 essential fatty acid, lignans, and fiber. It is used in the fight against cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
5. Sprouted Grain Bread
– Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. (Ezekiel 4:9).
The bible mentions that God himself instructed Ezekiel on how to make a recipe for an amazing bread. This bread has been proven to be the most perfect concoction to ever exist when it comes to food because it contains all essential amino acids. This sprouted grain bread is the most easiest to digest since its grains and legumes are soaked and sprouted. In order to produce sprouted grains, one has to cultivate it before it develops into a full plant.