You NEED To Make Sure This Doesn’t Happen To Your Family This Summer

The Sayers family was having a typical fun day at the beach at Cape Charles Beach, Virginia. The day at the beach was good and everyone went home happy, but the next morning, something bizarre happened to Jennifer’s 3-year-old son Liam.

He woke up the next day with first and second degree burns.

“At the 72-hour mark, his eyes were swollen shut. He had a lot of redness, large blisters that almost looked like holes,” she said. “It was really scary to see.”

SEE ALSO: “7-Year-Old Is Found With Chemical Burns After Using The School Bathroom”

The Sayers soon found that the sunscreen lotion that they had used had been expired. The expired chemicals had an opposite reaction to Liam’s skin. Instead of protecting his skin from the sun, it amplified the UV rays. Restock up on sunscreen this summer, do NOT leave any left over!

Video: Inside Edition