Household Dangers

A 16-month-old baby named Bronwyn Taylor had really only been left alone for a few minutes. But that is all it took for tragedy to strike. While visiting her grandparent’s house the cord from the window blinds wrapped around her neck, and by the time someone came in to check on her she was already unconscious. Paramedics arrived on the scene but were unable to revive the child. She didn’t survive, now Taylors parents, Matthew and Cathy Taylor, want to warn others not to make the same mistake they did.

SEE ALSO: “Baby Contracts 18th Century Disease After Only Being Fed Almond Milk”

Danger Parent Warning Household Children Kids Dies Cord Wrapped Neck

Image: GoodHousekeeping

The Taylor’s tragic story, they want to serve to be a warning to other parents about the dangers of everyday household objects. At the least this tragic event can serve to help others.

The Taylors explained to GoodHousekeeping, “We don’t know exactly what happened but somehow she got the blinds, which were on a shelf above the floor, wrapped around her neck.”

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, “at least 1 child dies every month, and millions of window blinds have been recalled due to safety hazards.”

The best way to combat these hazards are to replace window blinds with cordless versions or to make sure that your window coverings do not have long exposed cords. But the best thing to do is probably to keep cribs and changing tables away from windows completely.

Article: GoodHousekeeping