Ladies and gentlemen, Fall season is here! It’s that time of the year again to warm up your house with pumpkin aromas and get those ovens ready!
1. GINGERBREAD COOKIES
– 1 (1-pound) box brown sugar
– 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
– 1/3 cup molasses
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 6 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
– 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
– 1 1/2 teaspoons all-spice
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
Begin by whisking together all the dry ingredients. Add in the butter, molasses, eggs and sugar in a stand-up mixer. Be extra patient when adding the dry ingredients to the mix and then stir by hand to create the dough. Divide your dough into 4 parts and wrap them each with a plastic wrap.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While this happens, roll out one portion of dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Start cutting out your cookies and place them on a baking strip. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Remember to cool them before digging in!