A Day At The Beach Turned Into A Family’s Worst Nightmare Thanks To Dangerous Amounts Of Energy Drinks

Teen dies at the beach from energy drinks

Image: YouTube Screenshot

In the fateful summer of 2014, 16-year-old Lanna Hamann took a trip to Mexico with friends and their parents.

While she was relaxing on the sandy beach, Lanna suddenly went into cardiac arrest and died on the spot. Her death was the topic of a hot investigation by authorities, no one knew what happened.

Teen dies at the beach from energy drinks

Image: izzy_rami via Twitter

Cardiologist Jack Wolfson attributed Lanna’s death to energy drinks. She had been drinking nothing but energy drinks that day, in fact she had just drank a Red Bull right before her collapse.

“There is medical evidence that these things do harm, they can cause changes in the heart rhythm, and impact blood pressure,” Wolfson said to KSAZ Fox 10.

Our hearts reach out towards Lanna’a family and friends.

SEE ALSO: “Video Surveillance Captures A Man Viciously Attacking An Elderly Woman In A Bus”

Article: KSAZ Fox 10 | Video: HLN