Marijuana-laced Gummy Candy Sickens 19 Kids At Quinceañera
Nineteen people were hospitalized after consuming marijuana-laced, gummy ring candies at a quinceañera in San Francisco. They were suffering from rapid heart rate, dizziness, nausea, and confusion, which are symptoms of cannabis ingestion, according to the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Thirteen of the victims were children, ranging in age from 6-18 years, but fortunately, they have all been released.
Currently, it is unknown how the victims came in contact with the edible cannabis. A security guard stated that he saw children given paper bags, filled with candy. The investigators are contacting the caterer in hopes that it will lead them to the culprits.
Article: LA Times