Mosquito Bite Swells Up To A Tennis Ball, Never Did His Imagine It Would Be Cancer!

Matthew Kirk, 11, came home from a family vacation in Menorca located in the Mediterranean. He noticed he had a bug on his right nostril, it was swelling up but he didn’t think much of it because it seemed like a natural reaction.

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

However, over the next couple of weeks, Matthew’s bug bite got bigger. Matthew’s family knew that this had to be something more than just a strange reaction to a mosquito.

They consulted with doctors and they thought at first that it was a bacterial infection. However, once the bump grew to the size of a tennis ball,

SEE ALSO: “She Saw Her T-Shirt At Hobby Lobby And Instantly Had To Let Her Know THIS!”

“…it was only when a friend made a comment about his swollen nostril that we thought it could be something worse,” his mom Joanna told Caters News.

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

Tests revealed that the lump was a deadly mass known as Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma — a rare cancerous tumor that only affects 10 people every year.

Never did it ever occur to Matthew’s family that he had cancer because he was such an active and healthy child.

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

Matthew was accepted into an intensive nine-week treatment plan that uses proton beam therapy to treat cancer.

The rounds of chemotherapy left Matthew’s face burnt and peeling, but the good news was that the treatment seemed very promising.

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

Matthew showed great strength and courage. His family prayed extensively!

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

Matthew and his family were thrilled when they were given the news that Matthew was finally in remission. Thank God that they caught his cancer in the early stages. God is great!

Mosquito bite goes wrong

Image: MIKE JONES/CATERS NEWS

Article: Cater News