Her Son Died While Playing In The Dirt- He Leaves Behind Something To Remember Him By
Leland was a 6-year-old boy who was full of life, vigor and an urge to explore. While his mother was somewhat overprotective of her son, there was one thing she could not do, and that was keeping him away from the thing he loved to do most.
Leland loved playing in the dirt, he loved to roam freely outside and let his imagination roam wild! In one fateful September day, this seemingly normal activity cost him his life.
There was an amoeba in the dirt where he was playing called Balamuthia Mandrillaris. It enters the body through soil that comes in contact with any cuts, wounds or is inhaled. It entered Lelands body and caused a fatal infection.
When returning home to make arrangements for the memorial service, they came upon this drawing that Leland had left for them. Their hearts dropped but they knew that they would see their beloved son again one day.
Our hearts and prayers go out to this grieving family, God loves you and you WILL see your son again!