Warning To Parents: 16-Year-Old Suffers 3rd Degree Burns From Faulty Vaporizer Battery

As Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes have become a somewhat safer alternative for smokers trying to quit traditional cigarettes, a scary warning for parents comes after several of the Chinese manufactured devices have failed. Due in part to the improper handling of the rechargeable batteries, incidents of explosions of the devices have caused serious injuries to several unsuspecting vaporizer users. This was the case for 16-year-old, Ty Greer, from Alberta Canada, when his vaporizer battery exploded just a few inches from his face causing him 3rd-degree burns.

SEE ALSO: “5 Hidden Signs Your Teen Or Child Is Vaping”

Vapor E-Cig Victim 3rd Degree Burns Face Teenager Child Smoke

Image: Yahoo News

Ty has become the latest victim in a string of recent events caused be E-Cigarette battery malfunctions. According to Yahoo News, “In November, a Colorado Springs man suffered a broken neck when an e-cigarette exploded in his face, and earlier this month, an Orange County, California teen, also suffered burns after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket.”

FEMA has reported that the cause of most of these events are “linked to the device’s lithium battery overheating.” These are often sudden occurrences, “accompanied by a loud noise, a flash of light, smoke, flames and often vigorous ejection of the battery and other parts.”

Without much regulation for the new gadgets, many Vaporizers and E-Cigarette products are being sold to minors. People in both Canada and the U.S. “are calling for bans on sales to minors and more critically still, additional government regulations to prevent defective products from entering the marketplace.”

Article: Yahoo News