This Plant Can Ruin Your Summer

Video Below

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources has issued a warning to Iowa residents about a dangerous weed that has been sprouting across the state.

Wendy Prusha came into contact with the weed while she was doing some yard work around her home. What seemed like a harmless housework turned into a trip to the emergency room.

“It’s a constant burning (feeling),” Prusha said. “It just bubbled up overnight.”

People don’t realize they are coming in contact with wild parsnip until burns, blisters and welts later develop.

“The oils sit on your skin,” Prusha said. “It eats away your skin.”

SEE ALSO: What This Pregnant Mother Was Allergic To Is Bizzare But It Didn’t Stop Her From Giving Birth

Video: KCRG